Portfolio Project #2

Since our discussion on making our portfolio geared towards what I wanted to do or continue to do, I took some time to re-evaluate what I am putting in my portfolio. One of the things is, I enjoy doing work for churches, so I am going through a previous sermon series I have designed and reworking them into better designs or expanding the ideas from the basic start. Since we need to show progress, I will include the originals as well as what I am working towards.

This was the initial design. There was nothing else done with it besides a PowerPoint template.




















For this, the series description was based on HOW personal can Jesus be. Reading through the book of Matthew, there are a ton of examples of Jesus showing compassion, care and love for others. That was the inspiration for the direction in the design. For this, I wanted to create a series of posters using the old design as a the spring board. I selected a few different woodcut images from Gustave Doré, played with the colors, the association with the question and created a specific poster which would hope to invoke someone to want to learn more. I went with a analogous color scheme to give them all a different overall look. Here is the progress from start to finish.

Round 01:

• Started with a certain set of images.
• Started with a color color direction.


Round 2: 

• Changes to the images.
• Refined the colors to be a bit more cohesive.



Finals:

• More color revisions.
• Layouts changed on the text.
• Changed overall positions of images.
• Stylistically, I decided to keep the white screen on the top and knock out the text so that it seems that it was just placed over the image.
• They are designed to stand alone, but if they are being displayed next to each other, they need to be in this order Blue / Teal / Green, this follows the analogous color scheme as a gradient.





























































This is a current series that I am working on, doing extra pieces that can hypothetically be produced.




Series #3 - Strength in Suffering:
• Business Card Invite
• Poster
• Images for Mobile App
• elements